The antique Hotel Bristol was inaugurated on 28 October 1874, in an area of ancient Rome-Horti Sallustiani-already known for its gardens. Hotel Bristol also stood on land owned by the princely Barberini family. Opposite the palazzo, Pope Urban VIII commissioned the renowned Gian Lorenzo Bernini to sculpt the splendid Triton fountain.
The hotel immediately became a hub for members of the European aristocracy. Its many noble guests have included Don Pedro II, Emperor of Brazil, Emperor Frederick III of Germany, the Tsarina Catherine of Russia, Alexandra the Princess of Wales, and the Queen of England.
Since 1973, it has belonged to SINA Hotels. After a complete renovation, the hotel continues to welcome discerning travellers along with guests from the worlds of business, politics, and diplomacy.